Winona Ryder in high school:
“I was wearing an old Salvation Army shop boy’s suit. As I went to the bathroom I heard people saying, ‘Hey, faggot’. They slammed my head into a locker. I fell to the ground and they started to kick the shit out of me. I had to have stitches. The school kicked me out, not the bullies.
“Years later, I went to a coffee shop and I ran into one of the girls who’d kicked me, and she said, ‘Winona, Winona, can I have your autograph?’ And I said, ‘Do you remember me? Remember in seventh grade you beat up that kid?’ And she said, ‘Kind of’. And I said, ‘That was me. Go fuck yourself.’”
1. Most dreams are based on visual images (Except in people who were either born blind, or who lost their sight at an early age). Occasionally, dreams will include sound and touch.
2. The normal rules of logic do not apply in dreams. For example, the dream may be taking place in one location – then, abruptly, the dreamer is translocated to a completely different place.
3. Most dreams occur in a house – but this is usually not your own home. The most frequently reported room is the living room. People rarely dream about their work place or school.
4. The most frequent scenario is the dreamer plus two other people.
5. Famous people seldom appear in our dreams. The vast majority of people dream about people who are significant to them, especially if there is an ongoing conflict.
6. Mundane activities (such as brushing your teeth) rarely appear in dreams.
- Human beings spend roughly around 6 years of their lifetime dreaming
- Sometimes we dream outside of our REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement)
- Thousands of years ago, the Egyptians were the first to create adream dictionaryin 4000 B.C.E
- We roughly spend around 1/3 of our lives sleeping
- People who suffer from apersonalitydisorderlack dream activity
- Our brains tend to be way more active when we sleep, than when we’re awake
- Humans tend to have around 3 to 7 dreams a night. We dream around 2 to 3 hours in a whole night
- 90% of the dream is lost the first minute we wake up
- Men tend to dream about men more than women, and women dream about people of both genders
- Drug withdrawal can cause more intense dreams. People who also quit alcohol and smoking experience heavier dreams and nightmares
- You can lucid dream for up to 30 minutes if trained properly
- It’s impossible to dream when you’re snoring
- Babies don’t dream of themselves until they reach the age of 3